Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 3: Serious Procrastination

Week 3 (Sept 4-10): I'm already in the middle of week 3 and I've only completed one workout so far. That means I have 4 more to go in the next 4 days. I'm a sucker for putting things off until the last minute. Of course, I have still been doing a good bit of cleaning and burned about 400 calories on Tuesday just from doing that! AND (bonus) the scale read 168 today! 168! That's 2 pounds in the last 2.5 weeks. Ok, nothing to brag about BUT I've been down to 165 in the last few months and gained back 5 lbs because I stopped keeping my food diary so 2 lbs is a big deal to ME! 6 more pounds until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight! And let me tell you, this is the easiest "diet" I've ever done. I'm not starving (1700 calories for goodness sake) and I'm not depriving myself of my favorite foods - making a few minor adjustments and controlling my portions maybe, but not depriving myself. Seriously, if you aren't already, get yourself a food diary (MyNetDiary). If you don't have a smart phone, get on the computer. If you don't have a computer at home, get yourself a paper notebook. Secondly, just MOVE your tush. Seriously. I can't say I've "enjoyed" Slim in 6, but I can tell you that it's a good place to start for someone who is a self-proclaimed sugar addicted couch potato who hasn't done any real exercise in FOREVER! It starts out slow and you are supposed to "master" the first routine ("Start It Up") before moving on to the next ("Ramp It Up"). There are on screen reminders to breath, watch your form, take a break, and try alternate moves (if you're not ready for the on screen moves). It's EASY, unless you have bad knees - there are lots of lunges/squats. Speaking of, I've been doing those all wrong. Did you know correct form is to stand feet shoulder width apart, back straight, THEN you stick out your butt (i.e. tilt your hips to the wall behind you), and when you squat your knees shouldn't pass your toes. Do you know HOW EASY a squat is when you make that one adjustment to your form? Why did noone ever tell me to tilt my hips? Anyway, during these workouts you are moving constantly. You are getting your heart rate up then back down a bit - like interval training. I have yet to need a break during the aerobic portion of either Start It Up or Ramp It Up. There's 20 minutes of aerobics both in Start It Up and Ramp It Up. Don't give up! The first day of Ramp It Up, I gave up on the aerobics at 19ish minutes. I just couldn't keep going but low and behold there was only 1 more minute - ONE! I lied before, my arms needed a break! You move your arms A LOT! And my arms are W.E.A.K. weak! No problem, just put your arms on your hips and keep moving. JUST MOVE YOUR TUSH! Just try it for 6 weeks. It's 6 weeks of your life - you CAN commit that long. I CAN commit that long! 2 lbs y'all! Even if I only lose 6 lbs it's better than 0. Besides, 6 lbs in 6 weeks is good, steady, healthy weight loss. And nevermind the weight, my body is already changing. I'm excited to take an after shot at the end of this 6 weeks to see the difference. **Last day of my week 3. I did not finish my 5 workouts though I did complete just the aerobic portion one day and the aerobic plus my own abs/legs/arms routine on another day. I also cut grass for an hour one day and I'm heading to the basement for the last workout of the week right now! This is also the first day of the Facebook challenge group. Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment