Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 2: Getting Back on the Wagon

Week 2 (Aug 28 - Sept 3): I went back to the Start It Up plan for 1 day and decided I wasn't getting a good workout. The next day I tried the 45 minute Ramp It Up part of the program and WOW that kicked my butt. I could only complete the first 20 minutes of aerobic exercise, 5 minutes of the abs, and 2 minutes of stretching/cool down. I figure 27 minutes of pushing myself was better than 25 minutes of just going along easy. I haven't been back to the video yet (THREE DAYS)! I guess I pushed myself too hard too fast. Even though I have continued to clean the house (I mean DEEP CLEAN the house) I WILL BE back on the wagon today. I only have 3 more days to get my workouts in this week and I am shooting for 5 workouts per week to start with. That means I have to get in my workouts everyday for the next three days - on a 3 day weekend while entertaining my toddler AND the husband is out of town!!! I need to work on some "rewards" for meeting my goals - new workout clothes or shoes maybe??? No weight loss yet but my stamina for exercise is increasing so I'll take that as an improvement. *Yes I DID follow through and get back on the wagon. Completed the first 20 minutes of Ramp It Up aerobics routine and completed ALL of the ab and stretching/cool down routine! I even had Lillie watch me and she imitated some of the movements. I think it's good for her to see me being active. **Took another day off, but pushed myself to finish ALL of Ramp It Up on my last workout this week. That was 20 minutes of aerobics, 20 minutes of arms, legs, and abs, and 5 minutes of stretching/cool down. My daughter and I have gone to the park everyday this week. We play a "find the color..." game with the map of America on the black top, running to each color and hopping on it. Lillie LOVES it and it gets our heart rate up for few minutes anyway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment