Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weeks 9-11 (Oct 14 - Nov 3)

While I've fallen off the blogging wagon, I have held tight on the diet and exercise wagon.  In the last 2 weeks I have logged just 7 miles or 14,000 extra steps between walking, playing at the park, running around with my clients, and cleaning the house but some is better than none!  I've done well with eating, including avoiding emotional binging through a tough patch.  AND I've finally reached 166 lbs - 1 lb less than my actual pre-pregnancy weight!  I still have 4 lbs to go for my first goal (162 lbs) which is what I weighed entering the 2nd trimester after 1st trimester morning sickness and nausea.  Thanksgiving is going to be tough but I refuse to gain back this weight!   I've already started researching healthier options to the traditional dishes that my family enjoys.  Happy halloween and wish me luck so that I don't overindulge on all this candy that my daughter will be bringing home tomorrow night!

My next challenge before Thanksgiving is kind of a 3 day detox - taking the Shakeology cleanse idea to a more manageable level.  Green smoothies with added protein and fiber for breakfast and lunch, fruit and veggie snacks, and salad with chicken or fish for dinner.  Plus no added sugars or dairy.  I think my biggest challenge will be skipping my morning latte!  I also need to really crack down on water intake and give green tea another try.  If it works, I just might try it again AFTER Thanksgiving to purge my system after overindulging!  I won't even begin to kid myself that this won't happen - I'm southern and my mom and I both love to cook and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment